To make beautiful pictures of your zebra finch, here is a model of photo box to make yourself.
1. Materials needed
- White PVC panel, thickness 5 mm.
- PVC slides in U.
- PVC corners in L
- 1 ultra flat neon with switch.
- Torrilon Ø 10 or 12 grooved.
- Silicone sticks.
2. Cutting the PVC panel
- The PVC panel is cut to form a cube with the following dimensions: Length 38 cm, depth 32 cm, height 32 cm.
- On a wall, a hole 6 cm in diameter (to adjust according to the lens of your camera) is made at the height of the future perch.
- On another wall, an opening 10 cm wide by 12 high is made for the sliding door that will introduce the bird into the box.
- Cut 1 door to close the hole that will be used to photograph the bird (example dimensions for a 6 cm hole: 10 cm x 10 cm).
- Cut 1 door of 12 cm x 14 cm for the opening which will introduce the bird into the box.
- Cut a square of 10 cm x 10 cm which will serve as a base for the perch.
3. Gluing the slides
- Cut and glue 2 slides (U-shaped angles) that will slide the door that can obstruct the opening of Ø 6 cm.
- Cut and glue 2 slides (U-shaped angles) that will slide the door that can obstruct the opening 10 cm wide by 12 high.
4. Realization of the perch
A crepe rake can do the trick, it avoids the assembly in T.
Otherwise use a grooved torrilon (which will favor the holding of the bird) to make the perch. It should be of equal length to the height of the hole previously made in order to have the camera lens facing the bird.
Drill the base cut before to add the perch.